ACE CAFE RADIO

    lundi 17 septembre 2012

    Alvaro Bautista: "Marco was with us today"



















    If you are a believer, then late Marco Simoncelli’s spirit was really present over Misano on Sunday afternoon, the Italian circuit adopted his name, there were at least a half of dozen off track events dedicated to him, but his presence this weekend was probably more heartfelt in the minds of several riders and above all in team Gresini.
    With all the confusion on the starting grid, Dani Pedrosa ending up in the gravel trap, and Valentino Rossi getting his first podium in the dry for Ducati, many forgot just what a very strong race that Alvaro Bautista actually had, and that the few overtaking numbers were thanks to him. The Spaniard started eighth on the grid and pushed like a mad man and was rewarded for it with a third place podium - his first in MotoGP - that went down to the wire against Andrea Dovizioso and just a blink of an eye - a 0.003s margin - and maybe a second year contract.
    “It is always nice to finish on the podium but especially for me today with this being my first in MotoGP,” said Alvaro Bautista. “Above all this is a very special weekend for me and the team because our memories of Marco are so strong coming here to the circuit named in his honour. After a few tough races we have worked well here and managed to fight for the podium at last. I am so happy for the team and for Marco because I am sure that wherever he is right now he was pushing us along. I could feel his hand on my shoulder today and I realised at the end that my name had come loose from my leathers so you could say it was Marco that was with us today. It has been an extraordinary day and I almost crashed at the start – I picked myself up on my right elbow. I am happy for everybody who has believed in me and I want to dedicate this very special podium also to them.”
    Michele Pirro (we’ve got an interesting silly season rumor on him) who took his maiden and very emotional victory in Moto2 at Valencia last year for Gresini and took 10th in yesterday’s MotoGP race, also believed in the presence of Simoncelli:
    “After a few difficult weekends we have had a good day here and a wonderful weekend where Marco’s presence could really be felt. I am so happy that at his home circuit we have been able to get back on the right track and I hope we can get more results like this between now and the end of the season. Unfortunately in the race I lost a little time behind Hernandez otherwise I could have been much closer to De Puniet. Anyway I am happy for me and the team, who have worked with so much determination. It has been a wonderful and emotional day,” said Pirro.
    It was an emotional Fausto Gresini that summed it up the best, “What a feeling! It has been an incredible day for us and I am sure that Marco has given us a huge push from up there. To be on the podium with Alvaro in MotoGP and with Michele second amongst the CRTs in our colours and at this circuit named in his honour is just unforgettable and it will stay in our hearts forever. We needed a day like this because it gives everybody the necessary enthusiasm to keep racing. Tomorrow we turn a new page in our history with Marco in our hearts every single day.”
    with twowheelsblog

    Aucun commentaire:

    Enregistrer un commentaire