ACE CAFE RADIO

mercredi 13 février 2013

CHOPPAHEAD TRIUMPH T140

Triumph T140 custom motorcycle
    We all know what a Triton is. There’s also the ‘Tribsa,’ and even a ‘Norley’. But I hadn’t heard of a ‘Tronsa’ before. Concerned at a gap in my knowledge, I was relieved to find that Choppahead’s creation is probably the first of its kind.
    It’s called ‘Tronsa’ because it’s a mix of Triumph, Honda and BSA bits. The engine and transmission are from a 1975 Triumph T140 Bonneville; the forks, triple trees and swingarm are Honda items; and the frame is from a 1968 BSA. And strangely enough, it hangs together well.
    The T140 engine has been completely rebuilt, and the lovely Amal 930 carburetors are fitted with velocity stacks. Boyer electronic ignition provides a strong spark. The custom fabricated oil tank is hidden under the seat cowl, and up front is a Lucas headlight. A discreet Cat Eye LED taillight finishes off the rear.
    The wheels, originally 19” at the front and 18” at the back, have been replaced by 17” Warp 9 rims shod with Avon rubber. The rear brakes and foot controls have been replaced by later Hinckley-era Triumph components.
    New Bedford, MA-based Choppahead apply their own paint, and they’ve done a fine job with a satin pearl white finish. Charlie Decker of One Arm Bandit did the delicate pinstriping.
    The Tronsa is now being ridden around the streets of Boston by its new owner Matt. ‘Unique’ is an overused word, especially in the world of custom motorcycles, but Matt can proudly apply it to this beautifully crafted machine.
    More images and full specs on Choppahead’s website. Images by Dave Dawson.
    from BIKEEXIF

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire