ACE CAFE RADIO

    jeudi 11 avril 2013

    JMR CL360 Tracker


    JMR CL360 1 Lside 800
    This is Josh Mott, owner of JMR Customs of Boise, ID. We came across a 1974 CL 360 Honda donor while dropping a Moto Guzzi off to a customer. The lady had the bike sitting in her garage, it was in rough shape. When I say rough shape, I mean it was probably the worst one I have come across.  I asked her about it and she seemed relieved that someone was willing to get it out of her garage. I brought it back to the shop and checked the normal spark and compression. The bike had both so I cleaned the carbs and she fired first kick.
    JMR CL360 2 Front Crop 800
    After I found out the bike ran I started trying to come up with ideas. Street trackers have always struck my interest because when I was younger I had raced a lot of flat track. The CL came with stock scrambler up pipes so I went with a Mini XR 750 Harley theme.
    JMR CL360 3 LSide MS 800
    Most of the work was cleaning. I did have to freshen up the top end, rebuild the carbs and rebuild the suspension front and rear. One things I would like to point out is the main stand, mainly because you hardly see anyone using them these days.  Other things I really like include the front hub with machined holes, the counter shaft sprocket cover with machined out holes and the crinkle paint on the motor.
    JMR CL360 5 Combo 800
    Parts mounted include the mini megaphone mufflers, dirt track bars, Mulholland shocks and a Trail Tech speedo.  The fabrication work included a battery box to hold all the electronics, lithium iron battery, side number plates and the headlight. The headlight was built by hand out of 16 gauge steel using 50 watt bulbs, it was built to be a multi-use number plate. It still keeps the flat track look while being a headlight and dashboard for the trail tech.
    JMR CL360 4 Rside 2 800
    The bike rides amazing and sounds cool as hell. I am very pleased with how this bike came out considering what I started with. I cannot wait to show the previous owner what her old bike looks like now. This bike is currently for sale and will be on ebay within a couple months.
    JMR CL360 6 Wheel 800
    I’m not sure we can add much to Josh’s own write-up. We don’t get enough trackers on here, and we love the little Harley styled Honda. Good work – as usual.
    Photo kudos goes to Just Kate Photography. Check out more from Josh at the JMR Facebook Page or ay the JMR Website
    JMR CL360 7 RsideRA 800
    from thebikeshed

    Aucun commentaire:

    Enregistrer un commentaire