ACE CAFE RADIO

    dimanche 14 juillet 2013

    2013 Sachsenring: Marc Marquez didn't expect to lead the championship


    Even if Marc Marquez is a still a rookie, his victory at Sachsenring was that of an accomplished veteran MotoGP rider as he said, ‘that winning is important but without them [Pedrosa and Lorenzo] the triumph isn’t quite the same.’
    The German GP was Marquez’ second win of this season and also his seventh podium out of eight races that has now earned him the lead in the standings.
    Even if he dropped to fourth at the start of the race - his clutch slipped - he passed the riders in front of him with ease and on the sixth lap took the lead from Stefan Brad, and the raced away, unchallenged, even if Cal Crutchlow tried a charge in the final laps of the race.
    Marc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring raceMarc Marquez 2013 Sachsenring race
    “If I’m honest I didn’t expect to lead the championship after eight races. The circumstances are a little bit special so it was important to take points for the championship and it is my second victory in MotoGP,” said Marquez, who actually lead the championship after the first three rounds.
    “In Austin I felt a little bit different, because here without Dani and Jorge on the track. We hope for a great recovery for them. Even so I did a completely different race until now, because this time I led the race and tried to manage the gap to Rossi and then Cal.”
    “Even so, it is a good result, since we have taken the maximum points available and ridden a completely different race to those that we’ve had before. We led the race and maintained the gap to second place. It was good experience, although I perhaps prefer races that are a little more of a battle! We should be happy and we have also held up well, physically, at a circuit where there is no time to rest on the bike.
    Asked about the upcoming Laguna Seca GP - on a track where he has never raced because the lower classes do not race there, and how he’ll prepare for it he said, “We’ll see how it goes at Laguna Seca, which will be a hard Grand Prix for me because I’ve never ridden there. We’ll take it step-by-step and remain calm while we get up to speed.”
    “I’ll watch the videos of the previous races and on Thursday I’ll ride around the track with my scooter and maybe I’ll ask Valentino if I can follow him during the first free practice (laughing).”
    Rossi has no doubts that Marquez will have no problems coming to grips with the unknown track, “At Laguna… I expect that this f**king bastard is fast from the beginning! I’m sure Marc will be fast. For him one weekend is enough to be competitive.”
    from TWOWHEELSBLOG

    Aucun commentaire:

    Enregistrer un commentaire