ACE CAFE RADIO

    lundi 16 septembre 2013

    1993 Honda XR600


    I first saw this bike in some images sent by It's owner Lincoln. It was a busy couple of month's planning a motorcycle show like no other and the search continued for 60 of Australia's best unseen customs. Upon opening the email a smile from cheek to cheek appeared on my face, this sort of smile is usually reserved for rockabilly chicks with tattoos but this bike was hitting a whole lot of my buttons. 
    In fact alot of things make me smile but when it comes to bikes its the weird and wonderful. Its the left of centre. Its the bikes that douchebags love to pay out that make me happy. When I saw this I was adamant that we NEEDED this bike for Throttle Roll 2013. 
    After Throttle Roll I was adamant that we need to get some photos and words to share with the world!
    Here are the words by Lincoln Black the owner:
    Already done when bike was purchased

    • Ballards 630 big bore kit
    • Big Gun exhaust header (which I cut and shut for the new muffler)
    • Keihin flat slide carb
    • Big disc conversion

    Mods done after purchase

    • New subframe 
    • '82 Kawasaki Z750 tank which I completely removed the bottom, reshaped the tank, fabricated a new bottom and brazed it in.
    • Tank has a generic weld-in fuel cap
    • Tank and frame are just clear coated. All alloy parts are sand blasted.
    • Tank artwork is hand painted and the badges are printed off a 3D printer and hand finished.
    • It doesn't look it, but there's probably 40+ hours in the tank!
    • Seat is a custom leather item (upholstered by Stitched Up Custom Trim) on a seat pan I fabbed.
    • Front suspension was lowered 160mm with internal spacers
    • Rear shock was lowered 80mm and then the rear was lowered a further 50mm with a custom linkage
    • Wheels are Warp 9 super moto wheels laced with Buchannans s/s spokes onto the stock hubs
    • Rubber is garden variety Pirelli Sport Demons
    • Front guard is a carbon fibre thing I molded myself using the tyre as a mold and mounted to a RSW Racing for brace
    • Top triple clamp is also RSW Racing
    • Headlight is a 7" bottom mount Harley unit.
    • Oil cooler is off a Honda TRX450 quad.
    • Decompression lever was turfed and I made a small lever to mount directly to the head.
    • Speedo is a digital Koso unit with the sender mounted to the rear caliper
    • All electrics are relocated to under the seat and the bike fully rewired.
    • Lights and mirrors are just generic guff.
    • Breast size probably about a 38A.

    The total build took 14 months. 

    Here are the photos taken by MY MEDIA SYDNEY:

    Aucun commentaire:

    Enregistrer un commentaire