ACE CAFE RADIO

    vendredi 22 novembre 2013

    80's Yamaha mono




    My bike started life as an early 80's Yamaha mono shock dirt bike frame that I found on Craigslist for free, it also came with an unknown bultaco gas tank. I then began my search for an engine and came across a running 82 Yamaha xt200 for $300. I rode the bike up and down the street twice, then promptly pulled the motor. I had to hack, weld and shoehorn the xt motor into the 2 stroke frame. I modified the rear swing arm and frame to accept an R6 shock that I paid $20 for years ago. I cut about a foot off the front forks and springs. Not having a lathe to re thread the tube, I drilled and tapped the caps for pipe plugs and then welded the caps to the fork tubes. I added mountain bike shocks as helper springs to stiffen the front end, which gave my bike it's iconic face. The light is a piaa fog light that came off a previous bike I had owned. The handle bars are mini apes I had stripped from a project cb550, and then flipped them. The seat foam came from a Kawasaki 440ltd that I had in high school. My mother in law did the appolstry. I made the tail from a stainless steel bowl from Walmart. The ignition module and regulator are housed inside. The paint is spray paint, not quite as nice as I would have liked but just ran out if time! I did it all in my garage for under $600. Hauled it 1000 miles in my 93 ranger and had a blast through the whole process!!







    Aucun commentaire:

    Enregistrer un commentaire