ACE CAFE RADIO

    mercredi 3 avril 2013

    Jorge Lorenzo: 'I think we can fight for the win, Rossi: 'Qatar won't be easy'



    Yamaha preview qatar 2013
    Jorge Lorenzo didn’t chase lap times during pre-season testing, but the reigning World champion did prepare himself in a highly methodical manner just like last season. Consistency, physical and mental preparation were the key to his last year’s title and we’ll be seeing the same this season. Lorenzo was one of the very few riders that did race simulations and he knows exactly how he will perform over a long race and knows all the M1’s strengths and weaknesses, and his metronomic race pace will continue to be punishing right off, starting in this weekend’s opening round in Qatar.
    “I am very excited to return to Qatar and begin the season. The testing has been good, we have good pace and we are quite happy with our performance. We still have some areas to improve but our situation is not so bad compared to our competitors and I think we can fight for the win. Jerez was a good point for us after testing in Austin; that was a new circuit where maybe we haven’t yet found a perfect feeling. In Jerez we were able to make a long run and all the Yamahas were on top; that gave us some extra motivation before travelling to Qatar. It also shows that every track is different and it’s going to be an exciting Championship. I want to keep the crown but it’s going to be hard. There are some great riders this year, I was surprised by Marquez’ pace and also with Valentino on his return to Yamaha. Dani is also so strong after the last part of the 2012 season. We will fight really hard from the first race, I believe we are in good shape for that. Losail is a track where we usually find a difficult track surface, plenty of sand and because of that it is always very tough with the tyres. We will see how we can perform there. I am feeling very fit and ready so I want to start!” said Jorge Lorenzo
    Valentino Rossi still remains an engima. During pre-season testing he was albeit slower that his team mate and the Repsol Honda riders, except for once, but that was at Jerez, one of his favourite tracks. The Italian may be older, and two difficults seasons at Ducati may have sapped something from him, but he is still a pure race animal, and a prideful and cunning one at that, with a baggage of race tricks up his sleeve, so he and Marc Marquez will definitely be the two to watch Sunday evening.
    Yamaha preview qatar 2013Yamaha preview qatar 2013Yamaha preview qatar 2013Yamaha preview qatar 2013
    Valentino Rossi said, “I’m very happy with the work done in Jerez and over the winter. I was fast and everything worked fine and we have a competitive bike to fight for the podium. I believe that in Qatar will not be so easy; it is a track that is a little difficult for me, but I think I can defend myself and get a good result. I would like to get on the podium: that’s my goal. After the testing I know I can be competitive in some tracks but also that I will have some problems in other tracks. The most important thing is that now I have a good feeling when I ride my M1 and this will help me at all tracks, including Qatar. Every year you get a little bit nervous at the beginning of the season. It’s normal to feel like that; it’s crucial to get some good points and not to make mistakes. I can’t wait to start this 2013 season.”
    from TWOWHEELSBLOG

    Aucun commentaire:

    Enregistrer un commentaire